United States Sales Tax
- Why is Lgnd.Art collecting sales tax?
- Does sales tax apply to me?
- Which Lgnd.Art products and services may be subject to sales tax?
- Which US states and cities require Lgnd.Art to collect sales tax?
- How does Lgnd.Art calculate sales tax?
Important: Information in this communication does not constitute tax, legal, or other professional advice. If you have questions, please contact your tax, legal, or other professional advisor.
Why is Lgnd.Art collecting sales tax?
The 2018 U.S. Supreme Court decision in South Dakota v. Wayfair changed a long-standing physical presence rule. As a result, states can now require businesses to collect sales tax on out-of-state sales if certain sales thresholds are met. So while Lgnd.Art may not have been required to collect sales tax in your state in the past, this requirement has changed.
Does sales tax apply to me?
Lgnd.Art calculates and collects sales tax based on your billing address. If you are located in a state or jurisdiction where Lgnd.Arts products or services are taxable, your invoice will include sales tax.
Which Lgnd.Art products and services may be subject to sales tax?
- Digital Art (digital only -- no physical)
- Digital Art (digital with physical)
- ETH Gas Fees
- Physical Art
Which US states and cities require Lgnd.Art to collect sales tax?
- New York
How does Lgnd.Art calculate sales tax?
Any applicable sales tax for your organization is calculated based on the billing address we have on file. Sales tax rates vary by state / jurisdiction.